|15 Dec 2003 @ 17:00, by Alana Tobin|
The Disease Racket and "The 16 Laws of the Pharmaceutical Industry
Picture from [link]
Dr. Rath calls a spade a spade...blog comments below by Josef Hasslberger.
Dr. Rath calls a spade a spade when he says that "the pharmaceutical industry is an investment industry driven by the profits of its shareholders. Improving human health is not the driving force of this industry." He explains, in 16 well put points, how it is impossible for the pharmaceutical industry to bring health and why their present monopoly on health care must go if we are to better our lot.
A friend from Canada makes the following additional comment:
Dr. Rath's 16 points summarize perfectly the deplorable reality of a medical system that has been built on a foundation that has the perpetuation of disease as its economic engine. It also explains why we have perpetual research with no solutions, with an endless transfer of tax dollars into corporate coffers. What is totally incomprehensible is that so many normally intelligent people have been so effectively PR brainwashed that they refuse to see the obvious, even when it stares them in the face.
There will never be a resolution to the "health and medical crisis" until we take back jurisdiction over our own health, uncouple it from the pharmaceutical "sickness industry", and start supporting the biological/metabolic reality that is the human body. It is incomprehensible that, at the present time, we are allowing our pharmaceutically-hijacked governments to implement and enforce regulations on a global scale that will severely limit one's ability to maintain or regain one's health – by limiting access to essential nutrients, while vigorously promoting and legislating reliance on the very pharmaceutical-sickness-industry that is at the root of the problem.
Please help us open the eyes of the blind - and take a stand for your own health and that of your children and grandchildren. This is truly a matter of life and death! Dr. Rath has taken on Goliath. Please join him, follow his leadership, and be one of a strong chorus that is prepared to make its voice heard with our government law-makers, representatives and regulators. The stranglehold that the pharmaceutical sickness-industry exercises over our health MUST be broken and reversed!
The Laws of the Pharmaceutical Industry
See the original article here [link]
The main principles governing the pharmaceutical "business with disease."
It is not in the financial interests of the pharmaceutical industry to prevent common diseases - the maintenance and expansion of diseases is a precondition for the financial growth of this industry.
1. The pharmaceutical industry is an investment industry [link] driven by the profits of its shareholders. Improving human health is not the driving force of this industry.
2. The pharmaceutical investment industry was artificially created and strategically developed over an entire century by the same investment groups that control the global petrochemical and chemical industries
3. The huge profits [link] of the pharmaceutical industry are based on the patenting of new drugs. These patents essentially allow drug manufacturers to arbitrarily define the profits for their products.
4. The marketplace for the pharmaceutical industry is the human body - but only for as long as the body hosts diseases. Thus, maintaining and expanding diseases [link] is a precondition for the growth of the pharmaceutical industry.
5. A key strategy to accomplish this goal is the development of drugs that merely mask symptoms [link]
while avoiding the curing or elimination of diseases. This explains why most prescription drugs marketed today have no proven efficacy and merely target symptoms.
6. To further expand their pharmaceutical market, the drug companies are continuously looking for new applications(indications) for the use of drugs they already market. [link]
For example, Bayer's pain pill Aspirin is now taken by 50 million healthy US citizens under the illusion it will prevent heart attacks.
7. Another key strategy to expand pharmaceutical markets is to cause new diseases with drugs. While merely masking symptoms short term, most of the prescription drugs taken by millions of patients today cause a multitude of new diseases as a result of their known long-term side effects [link]
For example, all cholesterol-lowering drugs currently on the market are known to increase the risk of developing cancer – but only after the patient had been taking the drug for several years.
8. The known deadly side effects of prescription drugs are the fourth leading cause of death in the industrialized world, surpassed only by the number of deaths from heart attacks, cancer and strokes (Journal of the American Medical Association, April 15, 1998). This fact is no surprise either, because drug patents are primarily issued for new synthetic molecules. All synthetic molecules need to be detoxified and eliminated from the body, a system that frequently fails and results in an epidemic of severe and deadly side effects.
9. While the promotion and expansion of diseases increase the market of the pharmaceutical investment industry - prevention and root cause treatment of diseases decrease long-term profitability; therefore, they are avoided or even obstructed by this industry.
10. Worst of all, the eradication of diseases is by its very nature incompatible with and diametrically opposed to the interests of the pharmaceutical investment industry. The eradication of diseases now considered as potential drug markets will destroy billions of Investment dollars and eventually will eliminate this entire industry.
11. Vitamins and other effective natural health therapies that optimize cellular metabolism threaten the pharmaceutical "business with disease" because they target the cellular cause of today's most common diseases – and these natural substances cannot be patented.
12. Throughout the more than one hundred year existence of the pharmaceutical industry, vitamins and other essential nutrients, with defined functions as cofactors in cellular metabolism, have been the fiercest competition and the greatest threat to the long-term success of the pharmaceutical investment business.
13. Vitamins and other effective natural health therapies that effectively prevent diseases are incompatible with the very nature of the pharmaceutical "business with disease."
14. To protect the strategic development of its investment business against the threat from effective, natural and non-patentable therapies, the pharmaceutical industry has - over an entire century - used the most unscrupulous methods, such as:
(1) Withholding life-saving health information from millions of people. It is simply unacceptable that today so few know that the human body cannot produce vitamin C and lysine, two key molecules for connective tissue stability and disease prevention.
(2) Discrediting natural health therapies. The most common way is through global PR campaigns organized by the Pharma-Cartel that spread lies about the alleged side effects of natural substances - molecules that have been used by Nature for millennia.
(3) Banning by law the dissemination of information about natural health therapies. To that end, the pharmaceutical industry has placed its lobbyists in key political positions in key markets and leading drug export nations.
15. The pharmaceutical "business with disease" is the largest deception and fraud business in human history. The product "health" promised by drug companies is not delivered to millions of patients. Instead, the "products" most often delivered are the opposite: new diseases and frequently, death
16. The survival of the pharmaceutical industry is dependent on the elimination, by any means, of effective natural health therapies. These natural and non-patentable therapies have become the treatment of choice for millions of people despite the combined economic, political and media opposition of the world's largest investment industry. Â© 2003 by Dr. Rath Health Foundation
Stealing our children for medicine [link]
Death from Ritalin [link]
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder [link]
Poison for Profit [link]
Ten drugs to avoid... [link]