|NCN World Poet Tree: Vanilla pi|
3 comments9 Dec 2006 @ 10:38 by jazzolog : Amazing How The Fragrance
graces one's mind with poetic suggestion:
from brain to virtual nose
to actual tongue.
Thanks to judih's parallel programming poemshop!
9 Dec 2006 @ 20:09 by jmarc : It's all probability waves, you know
Consider the following method of approximating PI
1. Inscribe a circle in a square
2. Randomly generate points in the square
3. Determine the number of points in the square that are also in the circle
4. Let r be the number of points in the circle divided by the number of points in the square
5. PI ~ 4 r
6. Note that the more points generated, the better the approximation
10 Dec 2006 @ 04:03 by judih : cool
let the pi begin