| 4 Jun 2013 @ 09:08, by Heiner Benking|
VOM VATER STAAT ZUM BÜRGERSTAAT Kommunalkongress 2013 [link]
Every 3 years the German Association of German Cities and Communities / Deutscher Städte- und Gemeindebund www.dstgb.de assembles its German Communal Congress - DEUTSCHEN KOMMUNALKONGRESS. And here we are yesterday and today!
Watch the Videos, check the pages ! and compare with other countries.
We have the Mrs. Chancelor, Ministers, the President of the European Parliament and about 600 mayors here... quite an Assembly !! oops - Mrs Angela Merkel had to be excused - her duty is now to be seen by "making herself a picture of the desaster" in various regions of the country !! it is election times and the times are grim, the worst flood since hundreds of years in some places.
see also the [R]EVOLUTION: Saving the Local Democracy below ...
In the press conference I took the opportunity to ask 2 questions, which I learned were deep and well received.
My question after issue of evacuation around the floods presently the third "100 years" floods hit the country in just a few years and the rescue and countermeasures in actual emergencies and catastrophes’. As I was in evacuation, landslides, forest dieback, transportation and avalanche, transportation and settlement planning in the 80ies [link] and check: Topogramm and GeoÖkoDynamik We got these early research and documentation efforts into our German "Scientific American" "BILD DER WISSENSCHAFT" (reported here for the UN Year of the Mountains) and funnily it the same as it is now used 25 years later for disaster documentation and relief planning and here our beauty/vanity DO228: [link]
So I asked at the press conference for example about the impacts of "Fracking" when for example in Poland this is now intensively done, and then in Floods all this is going downstream for example to the Baltic and North Sea through heavily populated areas. This with side remark about Panetics and the infliction of suffering, heavy and light, short and long-term suffering. with a remark to the "PANETICS art of Governance" developed by Ralph Siu [link] - benking.de/isp-speakers.html
I mentioned what I had learned about Obama today: here the E-Buzz news from this morning:
This month, Agoras invites you to participate in a Delphi study to determine the factors that prompt or deter citizens to move from dialogue to action. This study is being done in coordination with a major engagement initiative that President Obama launches today during a full-day conference at the White House. We are joining our efforts with those of several major organizations within NCDD under the leadership of the www.deliberative-democracy.net description Deliberative Democracy Consortium. More information on the study can be found in the see teh eBuzz at the GLOBAL AGORAS website: and the 21stCenturyAgora summary site.
In a nutshell, we were immediately in deep discussions about citizens participation and we should not look for augmented deliberations formats, learning from old approaches and translating them to modern times. The Vice-president of the Federation approached me alter and I am sure we will look more into citizens participation which consider these axioms for any lasting and successful participation. I copy again from the E-Buzz: [link] www.globalagoras.org/news/ebuzz-archives/ and stay in touch: [link]
and check belong for details about these criteria/axioms/requirements for successful participation and implementation:
1) Requisite Variety: ... 2) Requisite Parsimony: ... 3) Requisite Saliency: ... 4) Requisite Meaning: ... 5) Autonomy and Authenticity: ... 6) Requisite Evolution of Observations: ... 7) Requisite Action: ...
see REVOLUTION: Safe the Local Democracy below
1) Requisite Variety: The diversity of perspectives and stakeholders is essential in managing complex situations.
2) Requisite Parsimony: Structured "thrifty" dialogue is needed to avoid the cognitive overload of stakeholder/ designers.
3) Requisite Saliency: The relative importance of observations can only be understood through comparisons within an organized set of observations.
4) Requisite Meaning: Meaning and wisdom are produced in a dialogue only when observers search for relationships of similarity, priority, influence, etc, within a set of observations.
5) Requisite Autonomy and Authenticity: In distinction-making during the dialogue, it is necessary to protect the autonomy and authenticity of each observer in drawing distinctions.
6) Requisite Evolution of Observations: Learning occurs in a dialogue as the observers search for influence relationships among members of a set of observations.
7) Requisite Action: Any action that plans to reform complex social systems designed without the authentic and true engagement of those whose futures will be influenced by the change are bound to fail.
- Alexander Christakis 2013
So I feel we have set a standard or benchmark here. More see in Collecting&Framing&Negotiating&Connecting https://sites.google.com/site/21stcenturyagora/home/connecting_dots_and_-spaces
and go here:http://www.globalagoras.org/policy-is-process/
MORE about the tri-annual conference later further down...
As we have all political parties here before the federal national election in autumn, the synopsis is not trivial and needs some care - care I can not take now, here and in this private diary messaging mode ....
DStGB-Zeitschrift "Stadt und Gemeinde". STADT UND GEMEINDE 03/13. Editorial. Neues vom Pferd oder der Ruf nach Vater Staat. Von Dr. Gerd Landsberg ...
Kommunalkongress 2013 - Deutscher Städte- und Gemeindebund
Kommunalkongress 2013 [link] 2013/