| Tips for a Powerful Chinese New Year|
|22 Feb 2007 @ 18:11, by Robert Oveson|
These tips for a powerful Chinese New Year arrived in my email this morning and after reading them through I thought that I should refer back to them often. So I'm pasting them here where I won't lose them.
Chinese New Year is a big theme in Vancouver. I started taking Tai Chi lessons last month with the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Canada. They have just built a brand new dojo, with wall to wall windows across the East side and the front, which looks out over the park across the street, where I'm told they plan on holding classes on sunny summer days. I am grateful for being so fortunate to live within a ten minute walk from this beautiful new building.
From an unknown web source comes these forty suggestions for making the most of your New Year:
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a TIVO, tape your late night shows, and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose is to___________ today.
5. Live with the 3 E's: Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games, and read more books than you did in 2006.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, qigong, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water and eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds, and walnuts.
12. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Y our friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
36. Do the right thing.
37. Call your mother and father often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished____________.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass.
22 Feb 2007 @ 19:00 by bagheera : Great!
I´m gonna copy that! And paste it all over the places! ;-)
26 Feb 2007 @ 00:47 by : Thanks Bagheera
Yes, there is some good ones there. And some simply put a smile on my face. I've been doing 4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose is to___________ today. I've been getting results with it. Now I need to follow up with 38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished____________.
My internet connection is down, and just after I got hooked up again. Maybe it is the Mercury retrograde thing. But I read in the horoscope the other day that 6 hours after Mercury goes direct there is a Grand Triangle which will have positive earth shaking events. That's on March 8th so stay tuned.
26 Feb 2007 @ 16:48 by a-d : Ov
I love it! THANKS!/a-d
1 Mar 2007 @ 23:14 by eaglesoul : Chinese New year
I am happy to come back to this network at this time and find your post !Thanks ...I will copy it , translate to spanish and send it to everyone I know...such is the way to spread the Light of conciousness in the New Civilization...
4 Jan 2017 @ 22:50 by adnin633cash @220.127.116.11 : Super website with a great sharing
Super website with a great sharing and amazing stories is ur web.. please keep doing what u do now.. thanks to you.
Other entries in Articles
28 Mar 2007 @ 05:36: The Tyee - Vancouver's Online Newspaper
21 Feb 2007 @ 05:19: Back Online
18 Aug 2005 @ 20:01: Gazan Gulag
21 Jan 2005 @ 23:26: Bush Deconstructed
14 Nov 2004 @ 08:40: The PNAC Opposition
13 Nov 2004 @ 19:19: Mass Murder in Falluja
9 Nov 2004 @ 08:48: Ruppert's Economic War
7 Nov 2004 @ 20:27: The Vote Was Hacked
2 Nov 2004 @ 08:13: Pillage of Baghdad
1 Nov 2004 @ 00:10: Halliburton & Cheney