You can find earlier issues at:
The planes would be houses. They would park on the ground and have hooks in the ground. Then when an earthquake hits they would just lift up from the ground so they don't get hit.
Big buildings could connect together and also have hooks so you can lift them.
Submarines would be more like cars. When they go onto land they would be cars.
Helicopters would be more fancier. The propellers can spread out and go back and it turns into a plane.
People would go through tunnels to come up in buildings to go to work, so they are never late.
Also they'd have more unique toys for children. Like, a car that has a ladder up to a plane, and the plane can fly off. You would have to be 10 to drive it. Then kids will never be late for school.
Also you would have a drilling submarine that can come up into the schoolyard. It has a covering on top and you can press a botton to go in, and if you don't want to stay in school you can just go home.
The computers will be much fancier and faster. They will be able to fly and have keyboards and a drivers seat like a motorcycle. Then when you go to work you can carry it with you.
Robbers would always be caught because there would be helicopters with computers and cameras.
The teachers would be robots that know everything in the world. You would be doing stuff on your own. The teacher will tell you to do your best.
1. The world human population is reduced to approx. 3.5 billion, and we desire not to raise it.
2. The fuel systems neccessary to provide transportation, heat, information distribution, etc. are non poluting and self sustaining [hydrogen cells, well planned hydro dams, wave and geothermal generation and perhaps even human powered generating treadles so that when, for example, New Yorkers walk on sidewalks, they press on generators].
3. Education of all types are prized by the population and available to any one who wants to have access to it. This includes:
a] groups for people who want to become parents and need practical and personal experience before they make this decision
b] interpersonal skill development environments for people starting when they are little kids and lasting until they die
c] apprenticeship programs that teach people how to understand our technologies and design and repair them creatively
d] Formal education that may extend from aged 5-75 which teaches people the humanities, reading, writing and 'rythmatic, basic sciences of all kinds, professional skills like Medicine, Engineering, Community Design and Development, etc.
e] Any other educational environment and content which people wish to explore singly or in groups.
4. Decision making processes that enable the people involved in the consequences of the decision to participate to varying degrees. This could involve a govt. made up of representatives of specific interest groups similar to the Nicaraguan Revolutionanary Govt.'s 1980's Assembly where, for example, teachers, communities, farm workers, cattle ranchers, the army, factory owners, etc. all had representatives chosen by each group to debate and negotiate policies and budgets. Individuals would organize and vote within their chosen organization[s]. Information would be available through computer databases, and lists of relevent people. This would make the law makers and judges more bio & Psycho diverse than they are now.
5. Conflict resolution procedures must be developed to balance individual and community concerns and desires. Perhaps something similar to Northwest Native courts where the families of both [all] parties meet with the "Elders" to decide how to resolve land and money disputes, as well as what to do about violence that has injured someone. Personal weapons must be limited, and violence not be promoted as romantic and exiting. Other adventurous and risk taking behavior can be extolled as "cool"-like the extreme games, or exploration in physically or intellectually challenging environments.
I'm not sure what to do about large group conflicts that presently involve wars. For example, what do we do about Rowanda and Yugoslavian types of situations?
In general, I believe that people need to feel they belong in society, and are loved and appreciated for what they do. That there is enough diverse living, working and lifestyle environments to allow all our variety of religious, political, interpersonal, intellectual, and physical preferences to be tolerated and accepted as meaningful and of value.
Also, it has the home recycling/manufacturing, and eventually nanotech to make it 100% recycling. That'll be a few more years, though.
Add to that an autopiloting system for vehicles, then eventually make those fly, and we're getting to something closer to what I'd call "Home."
Farther down the road are the floating cities; on the water, and some in the air. Then offworld and outward. That'll be a few more decades, probably. :)
Anybody will be able to be honestly informed about the services of another. Maybe not from the provider of the service, but from other people who use that or similar services, and who have made records of their experiences available.
If you are seeking to acquire a product of some kind, such as a lawnmower, you wouldn't just go to a generic sales place and ask them what lawnmowers they had. You wouldn't go by the most convincing advertisements. You wouldn't just pick the product that looked and sounded best.
Much more likely, you would start off by going to an information database collectively created by users of lawnmowers. There you would find out what others have found to be most essential to know about lawnmowers, and you will find out about their experiences with various types. You will decide from that what you really need or don't need, and you would get an idea of what particular products have good value.
Then you would actively search out a place to acquire the product you've chosen.
Advertising will have very little value because a majority of people will be able to look right through them and find out the truth about the product.
It will no longer be possible to have companies that are black boxes that just push their products on people based on superficial packaging, but which you don't really know anything about. Consumers will insist on knowing what is going on inside a company. They will want to know what kind of people are producing this product or service, and why. What do they feel about it, what are they trying to do, what are their standards. And the consumers would want to know the track record of this company, how well they succeeded in the past, and how satisfied the past customers are with the products. Not just double-speak about it, but the truth.
It will not be possible to base companies on intentions such as "to make a lot of profit". Most potential customers will know the truth and will rather seek out the services of somebody who works for quality and maximum value for their customers. Those who just try to sell, won't. Those who produce great value and make it available will be very popular and well rewarded.
Dishonest business practices will die out because they simply won't be viable when people are well-informed and well-networked.
A system develops where the activities that produce good value and increased quality of life are naturally strengthened, supported and rewarded. And activies that don't do much good will wither away. Because people will know which is which.
Along the way there will be a shift in the beliefs about money. It will become quite meaningless to try to "make money" separately from the production of good value. And money will change from being something we spend only when we are forced to, to being our way of supporting activities that do good things.
And, as such. money will gradually become unnecessary. There will be no need to separate money from resources and good services. We will simply support and promote that which works well.
Send in more visions of a new civilization for future issues to: firstname.lastname@example.org
o o / \------------------ Flemming A. Funch ------------------/ \ / * \ World Transformation/New Civilization/Whole Systems / * \ / * * \ email@example.com / * * \ o-------o ---------http://newciv.org/worldtrans/----------o-------o